Anything can happen on a wedding day. As a wedding photographer I’ve seen A LOT. This is why I always tell clients to have a wedding day emergency kit. I also bring a lot of the essentials with me in case anyone needs them! This is the ultimate list of everything you need to make sure you are covered if something goes wrong on your wedding day!
Beauty Essentials for Your Wedding Emergency Kit
While maybe the most obvious, here are some of my top beauty products to bring on your wedding day.
- Chapstick. Not just the lipstick your makeup artist will provide, but good old regular plain chapstick.
- Makeup touch up kit: Foundation, concealer, mascara, lipstick. Your makeup artist will leave and you may cry at some point during the day. Having a few essentials for necessary touch ups is key!
- Hair Essentials: Hair Spray, Bobby Pins, Hair Ties, a brush or comb and maybe even a mini hair curler are all useful. (This mini hair curler from Conair is my favorite!)
- Nail Kit: Clear nail polish, a nail clipper and a nail file
- EYELASH GLUE! Everyone seems to forget this. Even if you aren’t getting false lashes, there is a great use for it. A dab of eyelash glue will hold a necklace in place so the clasp doesn’t slide to the front! Here’s my favorite eyelash glue.
Health Essentials for Your Wedding Emergency Kit
No one wants to use these on a wedding day, but here are some of my top health essentials that are frequently needed on a wedding day.
- Ibuprofen: Someone will need it, I can basically guarantee it
- Antacids or similar Tummy medicines: Tums, Pepto Bismol, Imodium. Bring them all.
- Basic first aid items: Bandaids (especially needed for blisters) and antiseptic wipes
- Deodorant – no further comment needed. I LOVE the whole body deodorant from LUME.
- Anti-chafe. Don’t sleep on this. No one wants thigh chafing on a wedding day. I’m 100% using Megababe Thigh Rescue almost daily all summer.
- Feminine Products
- Breath Mints, A toothbrush, floss and toothpaste
Fashion Related Items for Your Wedding Emergency Kit
Necessities to keep you looking your best on your big day
- A sewing kit. You wouldn’t believe how many straps on bridesmaids dresses I’ve seen tear off. Doesn’t need to be fancy, just a basic sewing kit will do!
- Boob tape or fashion tape – I like Fearless Fashion Tape because they have sensitive skin versions too
- Ring wipes to really make that rock shine (especially if you forgot to have it cleaned before wedding day)
- Stain remover like a Tide To Go stick
- Extra undergarments
- A small crochet hook if you have a lot of buttons on your dress. This is the quickest way to get those buttons done!
Miscellaneous Things to Bring
Just a few of those extra things you may want:
- A pair of comfortable shoes to change into
- Phone Charger
- Portable speaker for getting ready jams (this one is my favorite I bring everywhere)
- Anti Wrinkle Spray
- Sunscreen and Bug Spray if you’re having an outdoor wedding
- Brightening eye masks – highly recommend these ones from DRMTLGY to brides and bridesmaids. Pop them on for 10-15 min before starting your makeup for fresh, vibrant under eyes! Fun, cute part of a getting ready morning. Also love the DRMTLGY Pumpkin Enzyme Mask!
- Water and Snacks! I also always have a Liquid I.V. electrolyte drink on wedding days.
- An over the door organizer works GREAT for keeping all your emergency kit items easily accessible to everyone. Keep it in the bridal suite or restroom for easy access all day! And yes, I know they are meant for shoes but it works so well for this.
- UMBRELLAS! If you are having an outdoor wedding, I highly recommend clear umbrellas like these for you and the bridal party to use.
Remember, it’s also helpful to delegate the responsibility of the emergency kit to a bridesmaid or personal attendant. This ensures easy access to anything you might need without adding stress to your day. A well-prepared emergency kit can turn unexpected challenges into minor blips, allowing you to focus on the love and celebration surrounding your special day.
Your wedding day is about cherishing the moments and creating beautiful memories. With this emergency kit by your side, you can tackle any unforeseen circumstances with grace and confidence!
Wishing you a flawless and magical wedding day!
This blog post includes affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, I may receive a commission. Thank you for your support!